CODEMY (hereinafter “The Company”) strives to protect your personal information according to the statutes of each country where it offers the service, and according to Personal Data Protection Act 2012 in Singapore and the Personal Data Protection Act in South Korea, the following privacy practices are provided.
1. Purpose of Processing Personal Information
The personal information collected from you will not be available for any usage other than the following purposes and prior consent shall be offered when there will be a change in any of them.
ㆍTo confirm the subscription to the service platform(codemy.kr) and prevent the abuse of the service and send various notices.
ㆍTo estimate statistics on service delivery, content delivery, frequency of access and service usage, etc.
ㆍTo recommend customized content and facilitated marketing activities based on user’s preferences.
2. Collection of Personal Information
When you create an account, or otherwise provide us with your personal information through the platform, the personal information The Company collects may include your:
ㆍWebsite access logs
3. Retention and Destruction of Personal Information
1) Personal information entered at the time of member registration goes through consent to collection of it. This information will be retained until the withdrawal of membership.
2) Personal information shall be destroyed within 30 days from the time when it becomes unnecessary due to such as membership withdrawal, service termination, and business close.
3) Personal information printed on paper will be discarded by shredding or incineration.
4) Personal information stored in electronic files will be discarded using technical methods preventing restoration.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
Unless otherwise provided in the applicable laws and regulation, The Company will not use or provide the User’s personal information to any other corporation or institution beyond the scope set forth in the 2. Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Information without the Users’ consent, except in the following cases:
ㆍIf prior consent of the User is obtained
ㆍIf it is required by the provisions of the relevant laws or regulations or otherwise requested by an investigative agency in accordance with the procedures and manner provided by the relevant laws and regulations for the purpose of the investigation
ㆍIf it is necessary for statistics compilation, academic research or market survey, provided, that the personal information is provided after being processed in a way that does not allow identification of the individual.
5. Rights and obligations of the information principal and how to exercise these rights
1) The information principal may exercise the following rights related to personal information against The Company at any time:
ㆍDemanding to view personal information
ㆍDemanding that errors be corrected if any
ㆍDemanding that processing be stopped
2) Information principals may exercise their rights related to personal information protection by writing, e-mailing or faxing to The Company, and The Company will take necessary measures immediately.
3) If an information principal demands that errors in personal information be corrected or deleted, The Company will not use or provide that personal information until the correction or deletion has been completed.
4) Information principals may exercise their rights through their agents like legal guardians or consignees. In this event, the power of attorney must be submitted.
6. Installation/Operation of Automatic Personal Information Collection Equipment and Objection Thereto
1) A cookie is a small text file installed on the user’s hard drive through the web server.
2) The Company will use a minimum number of cookies, which make it impossible to identify a specific user but that enable The Company to identify the computer of a specific user, as necessary for the provision of the services.
4) Method of choosing cookie installation related options (for Internet Explorer):
Select Internet Options on the Tools menu;
Click the Personal Information tab
Set-up the Personal Information Handling Standards.
7. Measures to ensure the safety of personal information
The Company applies the following measures to ensure the safety of the personal information it retains.
1) Administrative measures: establishment and enforcement of internal control plans, regular employee education, etc.
2) Technical measures: installation of access control systems, encryption of important information, using vaccine programs to prevent damages from computer viruses, personal information transmission security systems on the network, operation of intrusion prevention systems, etc.
3) Physical measures: restriction of access to the computer room, data storage room, etc.
8. Personal Information Protection Officer
The Company is responsible for the handling of personal information, and has designated the person responsible for personal information protection as follows for the complaint handling and damage relief of the information subject related to personal information processing.
This personal information processing policy will be applied from the effective date. If there are additions, deletions and corrections of the changes according to laws and policies, The Company will notify them through announcements 7 days before the implementation of the changes.